- I am the lead of the RIPE NCC's Research & Development team. I architected / built / facilitated / godfathered services such as RIPE Atlas, RIPEstat, RIPE Labs, RIPE IPmap and more.
- I started as a system architect at the RIPE NCC, working in a cross-organisational, international team doing prototyping and architecture design of RPKI (Resource PKI).
- Previously I was the manager of a team for a Hungarian IT system provider dealing with e-business solutions and providing Certification Authority and time stamping services (used for qualified electronic signatures - which seemed like a good idea at the time!). I was a member of the team building the CA and TS services.
- In the late 90s I built a number of web services such as web shops, portals and business information services, which led me to a path to dive into information security. Became a CISSP and GSEC (for a while).
- My "mother tongue" is C/C++ though nowadays when I do program it's Python and/or Go.
- Possessing a broad, and in cases deep, knowledge of networking, information systems security, system administration, systems architecture and programming. I'm much preferably on the "let's imagine and create it!" side of things.
- Leading / managing team(s) for about 20 years now, with exposure to FIN / HR / marketing / public representation / communities.
Presentation and publication highlights:
- Many in the RIPE meeting context e.g.
RIPE68 (on DNSMON),
RIPE61 (very first one on RIPE Atlas),
RIPE59 (with cars! and a race!),
- Many articles on RIPE Labs (my favourites include
this on "tales from the crypt" and
this on "RIPE Atlas probes as IoT devices")
- Many details on RIPE Atlas authored by virtually the whole development team
- Apparently I'm on ResearchGate too, including my first referred publication!
- There are some other references from TREX and
more from CAIDA and
my early history too! And probably even more on Google...
- Securing Routing Policy Specification Language (RPSL) Objects with Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Signatures (RFC7909)
- It seems I am credited for CVE-2014-0240.
Services and stuff:
Technology letter soup:
- HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, JSON, ...
- TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, BGP, HTTPS, ...
- X.509, TLS, CA, OpenSSL
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, nginx, ...
- Django, Vue, Bootstrap
- Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Debian/Devuan, CentOS, MacOS
- Git, Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub